Rodenticides (rat poison) and Wildlife

What are anticoagulant rodenticides?

Anticoagulant rodenticides are mouse and rat poisons which work as blood thinners. A lethal dose can cause an animal to die by excessive bleeding from small cuts or internal bleeding and bruising. Unfortunately, this can create a serious problem for native animals which may eat the dead and dying rodents. Some species like native rodents and quenda (bandicoots) can be poisoned if they directly eat baits set for mice and rats but other species which do not directly eat the baits are at risk too.

What can we do? Download the following for more information:

Rodenticides and wildlife.pdf